Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Strawberry Champagne Margaritas!
This margarita recipe is not much different than your usual margarita recipe, but it is topped off with a healthy dose of Champagne.
Hi friends! Are you ready for Cinco de Mayo? I do not know if you celebrate it or not, but when it comes to us, we’ll take any excuse to eat an embarrassing amount of Mexican food and drink margaritas. This year, we are invited to a house party with our new friends here in Manchester. I am in charge of the dessert, but I may sneak this Strawberry Champagne Margarita with me. I suspect no one will have an issue with that, right?
If you have never had a champagne margarita before, I am here to tell you that you are in for a treat. These margaritas have just the right amount of sweet and salty with a strawberry twist, making them perfect for the season. Below is a quick how-to photo essay for one serving.
How to Make Strawberry Champagne Margaritas?
- Muddle 4 or 5 fresh (hulled) strawberries in a large glass. Add in an ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add in an ounce of tequila and an ounce of triple sec. Give it a nice stir.
- Mix some salt with zest of a lime in a shallow plate. Using a lime wedge wet the edges of your margarita glass. Rim the edges with salt-lime zest mixture.
Alternatively, you can use sugar and lime zest. However, I personally think that with the addition of champagne it is already sweet enough and therefore salt balances it out in a better way. Still, it is up to you.
- Add in ¾ cup of crushed ice. Strain the strawberry margarita onto the crushed ice.
- Top it off with an ounce (or more) of champagne. Garnish with mint and a small strawberry
- And serve this delicious Sparkling Strawberry Margarita recipe and accept all the compliments.
A FEW OTHER MARGARITA RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE :
- Pineapple Margaritas – Whether you like it on the rocks or frozen, this pineapple margarita recipe is guaranteed to impress.
- Spicy Pineapple Mezcalita – Have you ever tried making your margaritas with mezcal instead of tequila? If not, you should. They are SOOO good.
- Spicy Jalapeno Margaritas – Jalapeno lovers! This cilantro infused jalapeno margaritas are OUT OF THIS WORLD.
- Basil Margarita – Sweet basil mixed with tequila makes the best beach drink. Don’t believe me? Check out my beach photos in this post.
OTHER CREATIVE CHAMPAGNE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Blood Orange Mimosas – The second best drink (after this one) when you have the gals over for brunch!
- Pomegranate Gin Cocktail – Made with a sparkling rose!
Strawberry Champagne Margaritas
- 8-10 medium sized strawberries hulled and sliced – plus more as garnish
- 2 ounces of lime juice freshly squeezed –
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 2 ounces of triple sec
- zest of a lime
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- crushed ice
- 3-4 ounces of Champagne or Prosecco
- 2 leaves of fresh mint as garnish
- Muddle strawberries in a large glass. Add in the lime juice.
- Stir in tequila and triple sec.
- Mix salt with the zest in a shallow plate. Using a lime wedge wet the edges of your margarita glass. Rim the edges with salt-lime zest mixture.
- Add in ¾ cup of crushed ice. Strain the strawberry margarita onto the ice.
- Top it off with champagne. Garnish with mint and a whole strawberry.
- Serve immediately.